1. Ensure that published club range orders are followed at all times.
2. Ensure no-one starts shooting until Range Officer give clearance.
3. Ensure that novice shooters are accompanied by a coach or responsible person.
4. To witness any cards where cross shots or other discrepancies have occurred.
5. Ensure that fire arms are declared clear and cased, breech flags inserted or bolts removed at the end of the detail before anyone moves.
6. To use common sense and give appropriate orders to deal with any situation where the safety of shooters, spectators & coaches etc. could be at risk.
7. To act as timekeeper when competitions against the clock are being fired.
8. To report any breaches of club regulations to the duty officer and a member of the committee.